My blogs, Brags all here.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

UNKNOWN VIOLINIST...

I always thought that my favourite musical instrument was Guitar... It wasnt untill a week ago that I learnt that VIOLIN pulls the strings of my heart...

I attended a seminar on Solar energy technologies at ERNAKULAM... The Seminar was great with speakers from Germany(Both scientists & Business people), Switzerland, USA & Poland and OUR OWN IITs And even Politicians! The technical sessions were great with Dr.Ing. Druck's lecture being the most energetic & dynamic of them all. I must admit that he was like a rockstar! Dr.Bandhopadhyay of MNRE was present for the inauguration and he presented about the facilities and operations under MNRE.

The evening came quickly at the Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology. The evening, as I expected was funfilled. I already had some exposure of the MALAYALAM Talents, when I did my senior schooling there. The show contained the usual traditional songs, dances musicals etc. I was unable to enjoy the show completely due to the constant & repeated phone calls! (From Chinnamma, Kalam Nagappan, Subash, Thennarasu...!)

But I was present for the live CONCERT! There was this WONDERFUL girl on the stage with a lovely BASS Guitar in her hand. The guy near her was also simply rocking with his guitar... I was expecting a great show... It was really great to hear & feel all the music & energy there. I was flying... Or at least it was SO, untill I heard the VIOLIN. Damn! How did I miss her? The girl in black with unplaited hair... She was virtually pulling the strings of my heart..! I heard VIOLIN in several Ilhayaraaja Songs & MS songs...

I started to love Guitar with the little exposure that I had in the latino music. (Mainly revolutionary songs) But I never heard them both in such clarity! The moment was a great moment of self revelation. I couldnt sit there... That was the END of all that I could remember. I sat there physically, with my soul wand"err"ing near the music of violin and the Violinist!

I said in MY MIND. "I will learn VIOLIN... "

At the back of my mind there was a voice... "இப்படிதான் சொல்லி GUITAR class சேந்த... அடுத்து வயலினா? கிழிஞ்சுது..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I value it!